Prophylactic brand Durex has released its version of the anticipated BDSM film titled #50GamesToPlay. The commercial features Christian Grey encountering different women throughout his day. Whether it be from his morning meeting, a night out for dinner or a brief encounter in the elevator, seemingly each enthralled connection looks like it will end with a night similar to that of 50 Shades of Grey. However, after each connection, the audience sees the actors reading the infamous adult fiction novel.
Durex's tag line, "Reality, it’s better than fiction…" encourages people to put down the erotic novel and become active in their own sexual experiences. #50GamesToPlay encourages couples to try something new this Valentine's Day and to drive inspiration from the BDSM film. Are you ready for #50GamesToPlay?
The #50GamesToPlay Advert by Durex Promoted Playfulness
1. Interactive Condom Commercials - Creating more interactive condom commercials that urge couples to be more adventurous and try new things with the aid of their product.
2. Mainstreaming Sex Positivity - Normalizing the conversation around healthy and fulfilling sex lives through more companies promoting the importance and benefits of sexually active lifestyles.
3. Marketing Through Popular Culture - Using popular books and films as marketing opportunities to promote sexual wellness and sell related products.
1. Sexual Wellness - Industry professionals can innovate by creating more sex-positive products and campaigns that encourage exploration and discovery of one's sexual preferences.
2. Advertising - Companies and experts in advertising could capitalize on creating interactive and visually appealing sexual wellness campaigns that connect with potential consumers on a deeper, more personal level.
3. Entertainment - Collaborating with popular films and books to create sex-positive campaigns and products based on their content could open up new marketing channels and industries.