This little rocket of a car is the creation of XR3 Motors. The plug-in hybrid looks slightly like a spaceship, especially with its silver paint, but Robert Riley's three-wheeled personal transit vehicle (PTV) might be just what we need here on earth.
"The drivetrain consists of 23hp diesel engine, and Li-Ion battery pack powering electric motors, but both systems are working at, we think, opposite ends of the car," Wired explains.
And no, that's not Sarah Palin in the third photo.
The 3-Wheeled XR3 Motors Personal Transit Vehicle
1. Personal Transit Vehicles - The XR3 Motors PTV sets the trend for an innovative and efficient mode of transportation that can be applied in urban environments.
2. Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles - The development of plug-in hybrid technology offers opportunities for car manufacturers to produce eco-friendly vehicles that cater to the needs of environmentally conscious consumers.
3. Diesel-electric Hybrid Vehicles - The combination of diesel and electric powertrains in the XR3 Motors PTV show potential for car manufacturers to develop powerful, yet fuel-efficient models.
1. Automotive Industry - The XR3 Motors PTV creates opportunities for the automotive industry to innovate and cater to consumers' demands for eco-friendly and efficient vehicles.
2. Urban Transportation Industry - The development of Personal Transit Vehicles like the XR3 Motors PTV could disrupt traditional urban transportation systems, offering an efficient and eco-friendly alternative.
3. Energy Storage Industry - The XR3 Motors PTV's Li-Ion battery pack highlights the potential for the energy storage industry to drive innovation, improve efficiency, and reduce the environmental impact of transportation.