The 15 Minutes Lamp by designers Hye Min Lee and Sun Hwa Jung helps you sleep at night through an ingenious little function. Mimicking a sand timer, the lamp slowly dims while you attempt to sleep so that you can conserve energy while saving yourself the trouble of turning off your lights.
The lamp contains a capsule of sand that is released when you decide you want to sleep. As grains of sand fall, the lamp's powerful light is submerged. After the light is fully covered, the weight of the sand turns the lamp off completely.
Though Lee and Jung named their lighting design the '15 Minutes Lamp,' the light can be set to different times as well. Using a dial, you can let less sand through to set a slower dimming sequence.
The 15 Minutes Lamp Uses Sand to Help You Sleep at Night
1. Smart Lighting - The integration of sensors and timers in lighting designs allows for more efficient energy usage and convenience for users.
2. Sleep Technology - Innovations that aid in improving sleep patterns and promote relaxation, such as the use of soothing lights, are gaining popularity.
3. Sustainable Energy - Designs that focus on energy conservation and reducing waste, like the automatic dimming lamp, are becoming more prevalent.
1. Lighting - The lighting industry can explore the development of smart lighting solutions that offer energy-saving features and customizable settings for users.
2. Sleep Aids - The sleep technology industry can capitalize on the growing demand for innovative products that promote better sleep, such as the integration of soothing lights into sleep aids.
3. Home Automation - The home automation industry can incorporate more sustainable energy solutions, like automatic dimming lights, to enhance energy efficiency within households.