Long relegated to pants and jackets, zippers have broken out and declared themselves an accessory to be loved.
From zip up leather thigh highs to brooches, zippers were used in any manner of ways this season. Philip Lim created a skirt entirely covered in zippers, creating a layered look. Pour la Victoire made a sandal with a zipper ruffle. Kate Cusack showed amazing statement jewelry made of zippers. DooRi, Alexander Wang and Christian Louboutin also showed the look.
A tough edge look, the designs let zippers have their moment away from just pants and coats.
Zippers Used Beyond Pants for Spring/Summer 2009
1. Zipper Fashion Statement - Fashion designers are using zippers in unconventional ways to create unique and edgy looks.
2. Zipper Accessories - Zippers are being repurposed as decorative elements in jewelry and footwear, adding an unexpected twist to traditional accessories.
3. Zipper Versatility - Zippers are no longer limited to pants and jackets, as they are being incorporated into various fashion items to create layered and textured designs.
1. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can explore new possibilities in utilizing zippers to create innovative and eye-catching designs.
2. Jewelry - Jewelry designers can incorporate zippers into their designs to create unique statement pieces that stand out from traditional accessories.
3. Footwear - Footwear brands can experiment with zippers to add a contemporary and edgy touch to their designs, creating shoes that are both fashionable and functional.