The Zika virus can result in potentially life-threathening symptoms and this billboard is aimed at ensuring that the virus does not spread among individuals.
It is mosquitoes that transmit this virus originally, but it can also be spread in other ways that include physical contact with blood or bodily fluids -- a fact that occurs during unprotected sex. When cases of the Zika virus were found popping up in South Florida, the Aids Healthcare Foundation revealed a large billboard that features images of condoms that clearly state the importance of using protection in order to reduce the chances of transmitting or becoming infected with the virus. The billboard also features a link that people can visit for further information.
This billboard functions as an eye-catching display while ensuring that people are aware of the potentially dire consequences of not having protected sex.
These Miami Billboards Were Created in Response to the Rise in Zika
1. Virus Protection Messaging - Opportunities for creating attention-grabbing messaging and visuals that promote virus protection in public spaces.
2. Digital Health Billboards - The rise of interactive, informative digital billboards that can enhance public health education campaigns.
3. Location-based Health Messaging - Creating geographically targeted health messaging through digital billboards to promote awareness of health risks and the importance of preventative measures.
1. Outdoor Advertising - Innovative solutions for creating impactful and informative billboards that promote health and safety.
2. Digital Advertising - Opportunities for developing interactive and informative digital marketing campaigns that educate the public on health risks and protection measures.
3. Public Health - Utilizing the power of visual media to raise public awareness of health risks and preventative measures, and promote behavior change for improved health outcomes.