Reebok works in collaboration with artist and designer Kenzo Minami to design a pair of the Zig Kinetica R58 sneakers together. The footwear model features bright and bold patterning that is true to Minami's style alongside a plethora of prints and visual graphics as well.
The 'R58' name of the latest sneaker references the year 1958, which is the year that Jor and Jeff Foster founded the sportswear brand. The uppers feature a wavy texture and it sits on top of a cut-out midsole foundation. The colorway is predominantly black and white with some contrasting accents in green. The uppers feature graphic embellishments and the same visual also travels down to the midsole that is showcased through a clear rubber construction.
Image Credit: Reebok
Kenzo Minamo and Reebok Create a New Zig Kinetica R68 Sneaker
1. Bold Patterning - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore new ways to incorporate bold and eye-catching patterns into product designs in various industries beyond sneakers.
2. Collaborative Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Foster partnerships between artists/designers and brands to co-create unique and visually appealing products.
3. Printed Graphics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Utilize printed graphics and visual storytelling techniques on sneakers and other products to create engaging and distinctive designs.
1. Footwear - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate bold patterning, collaborative design, and printed graphics in the development of future shoe designs.
2. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace bold patterning and collaborate with artists/designers to bring fresh and visually striking elements into fashion collections.
3. Sportswear - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore the integration of bold patterns and printed graphics into sportswear designs to elevate the visual appeal and market differentiation.