The combining of different cultural influences into unique objects does not always produce attractive results, but the YUGO Fusion Chair is a beautiful example of the unification of eastern and western styles. Kyle Heffernan strove to create a piece of furniture that would embody the familiarity of an armchair to many people in the west, yet one that would simultaneously exude the spirit of Japan.
Gorgeous walnut hardwood was used to assemble the frame of the perch, building up its broad armrests and composing its reclined backrest. With the subtle suggestion of four feet at its corners, the armchair remains remarkably low to the floor. With this setup, the YUGO Fusion Chair invites the user to sit or kneel to seek his own personal comfort.
YUGO Fusion Chair Marries Eastern and Western Design for a Harmonious Repose
1. Cultural Fusion - The YUGO Fusion Chair exemplifies the trend of blending eastern and western design influences to create unique and harmonious pieces.
2. Natural Materials - The use of gorgeous walnut hardwood in the YUGO Fusion Chair represents the trend of incorporating natural materials into furniture design.
3. Low Seating - The YUGO Fusion Chair's low-to-the-floor design showcases the trend of creating seating options that prioritize comfort and relaxation.
1. Furniture Design - The YUGO Fusion Chair highlights opportunities for furniture designers to explore creating pieces that combine different cultural influences to appeal to a global market.
2. Home Decor - The YUGO Fusion Chair presents possibilities for home decor retailers to offer unique and distinctive furniture pieces that incorporate natural materials and cultural fusion.
3. Interior Design - The YUGO Fusion Chair opens up avenues for interior designers to create spaces that seamlessly blend eastern and western aesthetics, providing a harmonious and personalized environment for their clients.