With help from women's website ChickAdvisor, the Dairy Farmers of Canada created a livestreamed YouTube cooking class.
The event was led by renowned celebrity chef Christine Cushing, who hosts the 'Fearless in the Kitchen' reality show. The event included 20 participants at the studio where it was filmed, while more than 1,000 viewers tuned into the event live through YouTube.
In preparation for the event ChickAdvisor sent out an email invites and participants were sent kits containing aprons, ingredients and recipe cards to make sure it the experience could be a true cook-along. During the virtual and in-person class, participants were led through the cooking of three courses that used Canadian cheese as a main ingredient.
Dairy Farmers of Canada Set Up a Virtual YouTube Cooking Session
1. Virtual Cooking Classes - Opportunities in creating virtual cooking classes that stream online to a larger audience.
2. Celebrity Chef Collaborations - Opportunities in partnering with celebrity chefs for virtual and in-person cooking events.
3. Cook-along Experience Kits - Opportunities in creating cook-along experience kits to accompany virtual and in-person cooking classes.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can innovate by incorporating virtual cooking classes to increase brand engagement and sales.
2. Hospitality and Tourism - The hospitality and tourism industry can innovate by partnering with celebrity chefs to attract culinary enthusiasts for special events and experiences.
3. E-commerce and Retail - The e-commerce and retail industry can innovate by creating cook-along experience kits to complement virtual and in-person cooking classes, and sell them through online storefronts.