Modern Ayurvedic skincare brand Ranavat got its start in 2017 and recently relaunched itself to introduce fresh new packaging and new products like a youth-preserving cream. The Eternal Reign Renewing Bakuchi Crème is the brand's first cream and it was created to hydrate, repair and renew skin with its rich, silky and luxurious formula.
While skincare fanatics may recognize that the key ingredient, bakuchi, sounds similar to the popular ingredient bakuchiol (a plant-based retinol alternative,) Michelle Ranavat explains that "Bakuchi is the actual seed where the active ingredient bakuchiol is found." In Ayurveda, bakuchi seeds are soaked overnight, then mixed with sesame oil and ground into a paste, then heated to remove all water content to produce the purest form of bakuchi oil. This remedy was known to support hyperpigmentation and the cream unites this ancient ingredient with others like lotus and triphala.
Image Credit: Ranavat
Ranavat's Eternal Reign Features an Ancient Ingredient
1. Youth-preserving Creams - Opportunity for skincare brands to develop creams that target hydration, repair, and renewal of the skin for a youthful appearance.
2. Ancient Ingredients - Potential for beauty brands to incorporate ancient ingredients, like bakuchi, into their formulations for their unique skincare benefits.
3. Ayurvedic Skincare - Rise of Ayurvedic skincare products that leverage traditional remedies and ingredients to promote healthy skin.
1. Skincare - Skincare industry can explore innovative products that harness the power of ancient ingredients to offer effective solutions for various skin concerns.
2. Beauty - Beauty industry has the opportunity to tap into the growing demand for Ayurvedic skincare products by incorporating traditional remedies and ingredients into their offerings.
3. Natural Remedies - Increased interest in natural remedies creates a market for companies to develop products that provide skincare benefits using ancient ingredients and practices.