Yahoo ‘Lip Sync’ is advertising the amount of entertainment news the site features. They want you to look into the lavish lives of celebrities and feel as if you are one of them.
Dipping into the imagination of the typical desk dweller, the commercial is quite funny. With red carpet walks and model filled hot tubs, this guy is living the life. Covering every aspect of celeb media including a sex tape reference, the Yahoo ‘Lip Sync’ commercial definitely succeeds in pointing out the site’s entertainment knowledge.
Yahoo ‘Lip Sync' Ad for Office Dweller Day Dreaming
1. Celebrity Culture Satire - Opportunities for brands to create lighthearted advertising that pokes fun at our obsession with celebrity culture.
2. Entertainment News Consumption - The rise of platforms like Yahoo that offer a wealth of entertainment news creates opportunities for brands to align themselves with these media outlets.
3. Office Productivity Distractions - Brands can help office workers alleviate the boredom of their workday by offering them entertaining distractions that do not detract from their productivity.
1. Advertising - Ad agencies can create humorous and satirical commercials for brands that want to tap into the growing trend of celebrity culture satire.
2. Media - Media outlets that specialize in entertainment news, such as Yahoo, can leverage the growing appetite for such news by partnering with brands that want to reach that audience.
3. Productivity Tools - Developers of office productivity tools can create features that help workers use entertaining distractions to break the monotony of their workday without sacrificing their productivity.