Adidas is a name that has become associated with sports, but these Y3 Adidas shoes will likely never be seen on the field or court -- unless they're being worn by someone fashionable watching from the sidelines.
The Y3 line comes from fashion designer Yohji Yamamoto and is produced by Adidas. The Spring/Summer 2014 range of footwear brings an eclectic mix of shapes, colors and prints from graphic designer Peter Saville.
The collection of footwear is called 'Meaningless Excitement' and it is representative of inspiration Saville took from the Internet, social media, blogs and forums. This is most apparent in one shoe with a high platform, which has ample room to display the text "Hi! My Name is Yohji" on its side. Although this is one of the most expressive designs, each piece speaks for itself beautifully.
The Spring/Summer 2014 Y3 Adidas Shoes Are More Artful Than Sporty
1. New Media-inspired Footwear - Opportunity to create a line of footwear inspired by social media and digital culture.
2. Artful Athletic Shoes - Opportunity to blur the line between athletic and fashion footwear with art-inspired designs.
3. Eclectic Mix of Shapes, Colors, and Prints - Opportunity to mix and match unconventional combinations of shapes, colors and prints in footwear design.
1. Fashion Apparel - Opportunity for fashion brands to expand into the athletic shoes market with artful designs.
2. Sports Apparel - Opportunity for sports brands to incorporate art and unconventional designs into their athletic footwear lines.
3. Graphic Design - Opportunity to collaborate with footwear brands to bring graphic designs and digital inspirations into the fashion industry.