Samsonite turns its attention back to the 'Xylem' suitcase, which was originally launched in 1999, marking its first metal luggage piece. Now, the label works in collaboration with Filip Pagowski, a Polish graphic artist to adorn the signature travel piece after twenty years. The reimagined iteration is constructed from anodized aluminum materials and is recognized as the 'Xylem 2.0.'
The structure was the choice for business travelers, featured in classic films such as 'Die Another Day,' ' The World is not Enough,' and more. The suitcase features Click Pop lock hinges, has spinners, an Aero-Trac suspension wheel system, and a lined body for strength. The new version comes with a selection of stickers by Pagowski so that owners are able to decorate the piece to suit their own personal style.
Samsonite Relaunches the Xylem Suitcase With Filip Pagowski's Help
1. Artist-designed Metal Suitcases - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborating with artists to create unique and visually compelling luggage pieces.
2. Anodized Aluminum Materials - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Exploring lightweight and durable materials for luggage design.
3. Personalized Luggage Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Offering customizable luggage options through stickers and other personalization features.
1. Luggage Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introducing artist collaborations and personalized design options to attract new customer segments.
2. Travel Retail - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Showcasing artist-designed metal suitcases as exclusive and premium travel accessories.
3. Graphic Arts - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Partnering with luggage brands to create limited-edition artist-designed pieces that showcase the artist's unique aesthetic.