RIMOWA is partnering with Daniel Arsham once again to deliver another limited edition collaboration. The travel and luggage brand first worked with the artist on a unique ‘Eroded Suitcase,’ and now the duo is presenting an ‘Eroded Turntable’ to match. The turntable comes dressed in a dusty chalk shade, as it is made from plaster and crushed glass. The neutral design of the turntable contrasts the sticker-like green exterior of the reissued ‘Pilot Case,’ which also comes in the release.
The ‘Pilot Case’ utilizes grooved aluminum in its construction, while an array of vintage sticker motifs decorate the exterior of the case. The ‘Pilot Case’ will be produced in limited quantities of up to 500 pieces and arrives in silver and black. The RIMOWA x Daniel Arsham ‘Eroded Turntable in Pilot Case’ launches on September 16.
“RIMOWA and I share an interest in process, in an object’s evolution over time,” said Arsham in a release. “A suitcase is covered by stickers or blemishes; a sculpture erodes and crystallizes. We also both share a commitment to honing one’s craft, as well as archiving.”
Image Credit: RIMOWA, Arsham Studio
RIMOWA Taps Daniel Arsham For a Limited Edition Capsule
1. Artistic Luggage Collaborations - Collaborating with artists to create limited edition luggage items with unique designs and materials can attract sophisticated travelers seeking exclusive products.
2. Sustainability in Travel Accessories - Travel companies can explore using eco-friendly materials for luggage construction, such as recycled aluminum and organic cotton.
3. Vintage-inspired Luggage Design - Incorporating retro motifs and colors in travel gear collections can create nostalgia and appeal to consumers who love vintage aesthetics.
1. Luggage - The luggage industry can explore partnering with contemporary artists to create unique and exclusive luggage collections to differentiate from competitors.
2. Music Equipment - The music industry can explore creating hybrid products like the ‘Eroded Turntable’ in collaboration with luggage companies to create unique and artistic music equipment.
3. Travel Fashion - The travel fashion industry can incorporate vintage elements in luggage design, such as retro motifs, to appeal to consumers who want practical yet stylish travel accessories.