American multinational tech company Qualcomm has unveiled the latest version of the 'XR Platform Smart Viewer,' the brand's signature augmented reality smart glasses. The upgraded version boasts an improved design and better functionality.
The original XR Platform Smart Viewer featured a chunky frame and required a tethered cable connection. Now, Qualcomm's second-generation smart glasses are completely wireless and come equipped with the company's Snapdragon XR2 Platform. Not only this, but the new glasses are 40% smaller than the previous model, and weigh in at just 115 grams.
Other notable features of the XR2 Platform Smart Viewer include twin monochrome cameras and a dual micro-OLED display, which delivers a 1920 x 1080 resolution and 90Hz refresh rate.
Image Credit: Qualcomm
Qualcomm Unveils Upgraded 'XR Platform Smart Viewer' Glasses
1. Wireless AR Glasses - The advent of 5G networks and the growth of AR/VR technologies creates opportunities for companies to incorporate wireless functionality and improved design into their smart glasses.
2. Snapdragon XR2 Platform - The use of Qualcomm's Snapdragon XR2 Platform creates opportunities for companies to create high-performing AR/VR glasses with advanced features.
3. Smaller, Lighter AR Glasses - The trend towards smaller and lighter AR glasses creates opportunities for companies to create more comfortable and practical solutions for consumers.
1. Consumer Electronics - Companies in the consumer electronics industry have an opportunity to incorporate wireless functionality and improved design into their smart glasses.
2. Augmented Reality - The AR industry has an opportunity to create high-performing AR glasses with advanced features using Qualcomm's Snapdragon XR2 Platform.
3. Virtual Reality - The VR industry has an opportunity to create more comfortable and practical solutions for consumers with the trend towards smaller and lighter AR glasses.