Noa Lerner has designed a practical toilet and sewage system for the third world. Dubbed the X-Runner, this toilet would collect waste to be transported to a collection center.
The X-Runner can flip up and be rolled, like a wheelbarrow, to a local Biogas Plant. The Biogas Plant would treat the waste and recycle it into electric energy. The X-Runner provides a safe and clean place for families to go to the bathroom, as well as provides renewable energy. Sounds like a win-win to me.
The X-Runner is a Portable Toilet/Sewage System
1. Portable Toilet Innovations - Innovations in creating more portable and sustainable toilets like the X-Runner are creating potential for new product offerings and market growth.
2. Sustainable Energy Solutions - The use of waste as a resource for renewable energy production like in the Biogas plant is an opportunity for companies to improve their sustainability and create new competitive advantages.
3. Sanitation Technology Advancements - Developing new sanitation technologies and systems similar to the X-Runner has potential to improve access to safe sanitation in many regions, creating opportunities for innovation and social impact.
1. Sanitation Services - Companies in the sanitation sector can explore new opportunities within developing economies or regions with inadequate access to safe sanitation with this type of technology.
2. Renewable Energy - Renewable energy companies can explore using waste as a source of energy and invest in more sustainable solutions like the Biogas plant.
3. Emerging Technologies - New technologies and innovation in the sanitation and energy industries can create opportunities for new startups and companies to tap into an emerging market.