The world's smallest compact apartment located in Central Rome is now selling for £43,000 (approximately $68,490). Noted as being a former porter's closet, this mini apartment is only 55 square feet.
Located on the Piazza di Sant' Ignazio, Italy, the world's smallest compact apartment only features a sink, lavatory and shower, with a ladder that will lead up to a single-bedded bedroom. Check out the featured gallery to get a glimpse of this super small apartment.
Implications - This apartment is proof that size does not in fact matter. Though the world's smallest apartment has been described as little bigger than a wigwam, the exceptionally high price point showcases the value in a homey charm. The apartment is catered to the Italian lifestyle, which values quality over unnecessary extravagance.
World's Smallest Compact Apartment Sells for £43,000
1. Small Living Spaces - The trend of compact and minimalist living spaces is growing, as demonstrated by the popularity and high price point of the world's smallest compact apartment.
2. Value in Simplicity - This apartment highlights the disruptive innovation opportunity of creating homes that prioritize quality and charm over size and extravagance.
3. Italian Lifestyle Influence - The Italian lifestyle's emphasis on quality and appreciation for the simple things in life can inspire innovative designs and layouts for small living spaces.
1. Real Estate - The real estate industry could explore the demand for small living spaces and invest in developing compact and well-designed apartments.
2. Interior Design - The interior design industry has an opportunity to create innovative solutions for maximizing space and functionality in small living spaces.
3. Home Construction - Home construction companies can tap into the trend of compact living and develop affordable, yet well-designed small homes that cater to the minimalist lifestyle.