New Zealand's Westpac Bank is investing in Apple's smart watch in developing an app for the upcoming wrist worn device. The app, announced by the brand on Twitter, has only been previewed, but will likely feature most online banking capabilities.
Westpac has been sure to align itself with cutting edge technology and is sure to make waves with this expansion into wearable technology. By ensuring its status as one of the first banks to integrate connectivity with the Apple Watch, Westpac is marketing itself to tech-savvy individuals who may be willing to connect with whichever bank has such capabilities.
The image tweeted by Westpac featured four shots of the app interface that included the transferring of funds between accounts and making a Mastercard payment.
The Westpac Bank in New Zealand is Developing an Apple Watch App
1. Wearable Banking Technology - With the rise of wearable technology, there is a clear opportunity for financial institutions to develop innovative banking applications that conveniently integrate into customers' daily lives.
2. Mobile Payment Wearables - The development of payment systems on wearables, such as Apple Watch, presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for financial technology companies.
3. Connected Banking Experiences - With the integration of banking capabilities on wearables, there is potential for banks to offer more connected and personalized experiences for customers in their daily lives.
1. Financial Technology - Companies in the financial technology sector have the opportunity to disrupt traditional banking methods and create innovative solutions in response to the rise of wearable banking technology.
2. Wearable Technology - As wearable technology continues to grow in popularity, it presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies in various industries to develop applications and products that integrate seamlessly into consumers' daily lives.
3. Banking - With the development of wearable banking technology, traditional banks have the opportunity to differentiate themselves and offer innovative, convenient solutions for their customers.