In the seventh of the Weird Al music videos being released to celebrate the parody master's new album Mandatory Fun, Al Yankovic sings about 'Lame Claims to Fame.'
Rather than parodying an existing song as many of his earlier releases (such as Lorde's Royal or Iggy Azalea's Fancy), Lame Claim to Fame discusses the penchant some people have for making weak connections to other celebrities. From sharing a birthday with Kim Kardashian to being told by Steve Buscemi that the seat was taken, the music video depicts different instances in a scrap book style. Like other Weird Al music videos, the lyrics tell a silly story. This time it is to the tune of a rock song, further making fun of hokey storytelling rock anthems.
Lame Claim to Fame is One of Many Recently Released Weird Al Music Videos
1. Parody Music Videos - Creating parody music videos as a form of entertainment and satire.
2. Celebrity Obsession - Exploring the fascination people have with making weak connections to celebrities.
3. Humorous Storytelling - Utilizing humorous storytelling techniques in music videos
1. Entertainment - Innovating in the entertainment industry through the creation of unique and engaging music videos.
2. Social Media - Leveraging celebrity obsession trends on social media platforms to increase user engagement.
3. Music - Disrupting the traditional music industry by producing humorous and creative music videos.