TV's most cinematic and poignant drama Breaking Bad returns Sunday August 9, 2013, causing Walter White fans all over North America to cry with joy. While the upcoming season is the show's last, fans can still celebrate Breaking Bad's flawless six years on the air with posters like this cheeky 8-bit print.
RPG versions of contemporary films and television shows have become increasingly more popular, as millennials who grew up with Gameboy Colors joke about how visually terrible these games were. Websites like CollegeHumor have even created mock videos depicting 8-bit versions of shows like Game of Thrones, and, of course, Breaking Bad.
It's no wonder, then, that a poster like this one, available from Fancy, has garnered popularity around the internet. The print depicts a pixelated Heisenberg standing next to an 8-bit rendering of a stack of money and a pile of blue methamphetamine. The poster's satirical minimalism makes for a fun and light-hearted print, contrasting the show's atmosphere in a cheeky manner.
With this poster, Walter White fans will be the talk of any viewing party or Breaking Bad marathon. Its awkward geometric shapes and mediocre graphics make for a truly witty and memorable design.
This 8-Bit Breaking Bad Poster is Perfect for Walter White Fans
1. Pixelated Artwork - Creating pixelated versions of popular TV shows and movies has become a trending form of artistic expression.
2. Nostalgia Gaming - Creating video games with retro, pixelated graphics is a growing trend, appealing to millennial and Gen Z gamers.
3. Cinematic Pop Culture - Bringing iconic TV shows and movies into the realm of pixel art is a popular way to celebrate and showcase cultural references.
1. Art and Design - The art and design industry can leverage the trend of pixelated artwork to create unique and nostalgic pieces that resonate with consumers.
2. Gaming - The gaming industry can capitalize on the nostalgia gaming trend by developing and promoting retro-style games with pixelated graphics.
3. Pop Culture Merchandise - The pop culture merchandise industry can explore the cinematic pop culture trend by producing pixelated prints and products that appeal to fans of TV shows and movies.