The 'Landing' wall seat solution has been designed as a modular answer to the need for sporadic living or work space seating that can transform according to needs to keep an area as functional as possible at all times.
Designed by Rudolph Schelling Webermann for Wilkhahn, the system consists of two sound-absorbing modules that can be mounted onto the wall and changed in orientation to suit different needs. The flat module will help to absorb sound, while the curved one can be mounted with the flat side upwards to function as a shelf or downward to offer a place to lean when taking calls or chatting with colleagues.
The 'Landing' wall seat features a durable frame design and comes in seven colors to make it an accent in any home or office.
The 'Landing' Wall Seat Functions as a Seat and a Shelf
1. Modular Wall Seating - There is an opportunity to create wall-mounted, modular seating solutions that are adaptable and multifunctional for small living and work spaces.
2. Sound-absorbing Furniture - There is potential to design more furniture pieces that can absorb sound to create more acoustically-friendly spaces.
3. Convertible Seating - There is an opportunity to create more furniture pieces that can transform into different configurations and be customized to fit individual needs.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Furniture manufacturers can innovate by creating wall-mounted seating solutions that are functional and adaptable for small living and work spaces.
2. Interior Design - Interior designers can explore the use of sound-absorbing materials in furniture design to create more acoustically-friendly spaces.
3. Office Design - By incorporating convertible seating solutions, office designers can create a more adaptable and customizable work environment for employees.