The Växt system is ideal for individuals who have plants in their home, but may not always know what it takes to effectively look after them.
The system is relatively simple to use, and comes with two separate devices – the first being a small insert that is placed into the soil of various plants, and has sensors that can detect their moisture levels. The inserts are assigned one of four different plant types – green plant, flowering plant, cactus or orchid. From there, the sensor is able to intuitively detect when the plant it is placed in requires watering, and sends a signal to a separate device – which flashes and lets the homeowner know that the plant is lacking in moisture.
The Växt is able to effectively communicate plants' needs, all while ensuring that homeowners are able to take care of them in a way that does not impede with their day-to-day activities.
The Växt Intuitively Recognizes How Much Water Plants Require
1. Moisture-sensing Plant Technology - Intuitive systems that monitor and communicate plants' moisture needs to users.
2. Smart Home Gardening - Innovative gadgets and systems that make at-home gardening effortless and efficient.
3. Personalized Plant Care - Customized care for specific plant types through technology and automation.
1. Home and Garden Retail - The retail industry could take advantage of these moisture-sensing plant technologies by partnering with electronics companies and incorporating them into their lineups.
2. Smart Home Technology - This technology could benefit the smart home industry by adding another plant care gadget to an ever-expanding list of home automation devices.
3. Agriculture and Horticulture - Sensor technology similar to Växt could be used in larger-scale agriculture and horticulture operations to improve plant health and reduce water usage through precise water application.