In partnership with Access Ventures, mobile photography app VSCO is now launching VSCO Voices as a new grant program.
The aim of the newly launched program is to support creators based in the United States who are working to empower marginalized communities through art. Those who are accepted into the program will receive $20,000 in funding to carry out their mission, as well as ongoing support from VSCO.
To apply for the program, interested applicants must have a project idea and medium selected, plus and commitment to the community they wish to serve. As well, applicants must be a VSCO community member with a profile and a body of work to show why they deserve to be given a chance to be supported as a positive force for good.
Image Credit: VSCO
VSCO is Empowering Artists and Communities with 'VSCO Voices'
1. Art Empowerment - Using art as a tool to empower marginalized communities and address social issues presents opportunities for businesses to support and collaborate with artists.
2. Grant Programs - Investing in grant programs that support social impact initiatives can foster innovation and positive change in communities.
3. Community Engagement - Creating opportunities that engage and give back to local communities can build a loyal customer base and promote brand values.
1. Technology - Developing technology tools for artists and creatives to amplify their voices and reach wider audiences can democratize access to creative opportunities.
2. Philanthropy - Philanthropic organizations can support grant programs and initiatives that prioritize social impact and community empowerment.
3. Media - Media companies can use their platforms to showcase and amplify the art and stories of marginalized communities and promote social change.