The Von Doren 'URÆD' timepiece is a Swiss-made watch that pays homage to the lifeboat vessel of the same name that was designed by Mr. Ole Brude as a new kind of life-saving boat with a covered aesthetic. The premium timepiece is designed in Norway and limited to 1,904 examples, which corresponds to the year Brude took the namesake vessel to the sea to sail from Norway to the USA. The watch is elegantly designed with Lava and Atlantic Blue-shaded dials that help the metallic details of the accessory pop off the wrist of the wearer.
The Von Doren 'URÆD' timepiece is the design work of Øyvind Von Doren Asbjørnsen, Bai Daniel Øgård Kanu and Fredrik Bostad Olsen.
The Von Doren 'URÆD' Pays Homage to an Important Vessel Design
1. Nautical-inspired Timepieces - There is an opportunity for brands to create timepieces that pay homage to iconic vessels and watercraft designs.
2. Limited Edition Luxury Watches - Brands can create value by producing limited production runs that correspond to significant dates or events.
3. Bold, Contrasting Colorways - Watch designers can incorporate bold and unique color palettes to make their products stand out in the marketplace.
1. Luxury Watches - Incorporating unique design elements and storytelling can create value for luxury watches.
2. Fashion Accessories - Nautical-inspired designs can extend beyond watches into other fashion accessories such as jewelry, bags, and scarves.
3. Maritime Industry - Designers in the maritime industry can partner with luxury watch brands to create limited edition collectibles that pay homage to historic vessels.