The Volkswagen BBQ Van combines a love for sturdy automobiles with the satisfaction of a good grilled meal. The result is a fully functional limited-edition barbecue that resembles the Volkswagen Transporter T1.
To promote the Netherlands car manufacturer Achtung!, an Amsterdam ad agency joined forces with designer Theirry Van Ray to create a vehicle-based cooker. The merry white and red vinyl bus lifts up to reveal two little gas tanks underneath. The hood of the car opens like a lid, and shows off a fine sealed wood counter and a grill rack to cook all your meaty goods. The middle and rear windows contain two knobs for heat distribution and the first window holds a pull-out wooden shelf where you can rest your master chef grilling utensils.
Only one Volkswagen BBQ Van exists and it will be given away to a lucky Facebook member.
The Volkswagen BBQ Van is a Car-Loving Grill King's Ideal Gift
1. Vehicle-based Cookers - The creation of vehicle-based cookers offers a new opportunity in the outdoor cooking industry by providing a unique and mobile experience.
2. Limited-edition Grills - The rise of limited-edition grills provides an opportunity to reach collectors and enthusiasts by creating one-of-a-kind designs.
3. Branded Promotional Items - The use of branded promotional items such as the Volkswagen BBQ Van can increase brand awareness and loyalty among consumers.
1. Automotive - The automotive industry can capitalize on the trend by partnering with outdoor cooking companies to create custom vehicle-based cookers.
2. Outdoor Cooking - The outdoor cooking industry should consider offering limited-edition grills and other unique products to appeal to collectors and enthusiasts.
3. Advertising and Marketing - Advertising and marketing agencies can create branded promotional items such as the Volkswagen BBQ Van as a way to increase brand awareness and loyalty among consumers.