In celebration of its 130th anniversary, Vogue hosted Vogue World as a first-of-its-kind globally livestreamed fashion show and street fair. For the event held during New York Fashion Week, Vogue worked with Snap to create custom-built augmented reality experiences to immerse attendeeseven more.
Using augmented reality technology, sky segmentation and surface tracking, Snap created the Skywalk lens to transform the environment with the production. Attendees got to see blossoming flowers appear as models walked the runway, and then watch those flowers float to the sky as the moon appeared. At the end of the show, augmented reality petals fell.
There are plenty of other Vogue-branded augmented reality experiences that can be had with other lenses on Snap, which offer a peek into the future of fashion and immersive event experiences.
Vogue & Snap Created Custom Augmented Reality Experiences for Vogue World
1. Augmented Reality Fashion Shows - Opportunity for fashion companies to incorporate AR technology into traditional runway shows to create more immersive and interactive experiences for attendees.
2. Augmented Reality Advertising - Potential for brands to partner with AR companies to create unique and engaging advertisements that utilize AR technology.
3. Virtual Experiential Marketing - Companies can leverage AR technology to create virtual experiences that engage customers and offer a unique way to showcase products or services.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can utilize AR technology to create unique experiences for customers, drive engagement, and generate buzz around new collections.
2. Advertising - Opportunities for advertisers to partner with AR companies to create more engaging and interactive ads that capture viewers' attention and drive measurable results.
3. Marketing - AR technology can be a powerful tool for marketing professionals to create immersive experiences that drive engagement, foster brand loyalty, and increase conversions.