The Vogue China Sui He February 2013 photoshoot displays the fashion world's continuous love for denim on denim ensembles. The Canadian tuxedo has been a staple of lookbooks and editorials for decades, favored in part for its mismatched appeal.
Titled Urban Denim Chic, the Vogue China team called upon stylist Clare Richardson. Richardson selected jean skirts, tie up tops and high waisted pants, calling upon some of the favored denim looks. Readers will furthermore enjoy the feminine surprises that come of gold chain-link belts and metallic pumps.
Photographer Lachlan Bailey's choice of a metropolitan backdrop fell in line with the gritty denim theme. Busy city streets are arguably the best site for these ensembles as this is where in-vogue statements are most often made.
The Vogue China Sui He February 2013 Photoshoot is Jean-Themed
1. Denim on Denim Ensembles - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop sustainable and eco-friendly denim materials and manufacturing processes.
2. Mismatched Appeal - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create an online platform or app that offers personalized styling suggestions for creating unique denim looks.
3. Metropolitan Backdrops - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate augmented reality technology into fashion editorials to allow readers to virtually try on the showcased denim outfits.
1. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Launch a direct-to-consumer denim brand that offers customizable denim pieces.
2. Textile - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop smart textiles infused with denim fabric for improved functionality and performance.
3. Augmented Reality - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Partner with fashion brands and magazines to create immersive augmented reality experiences for showcasing denim collections.