The Vogue China 'Neo Folk' editorial is inspired by country-like attire that has been given a contemporary facelift. From vibrantly patterned frocks to fringed purses and milkmaid braids, the looks are feminine in a traditional sort of way. Of course, they are not far from modern. The addition of thigh-high leather boots, dark accents and full makeup give the outfits a touch of drama that is not often seen in the calm and innocent countryside.
Shot by photographer Daniel Jackson, the Vogue China 'Neo Folk' editorial is set to appear in the October 2012 issue of the magazine. It stars model Daria Strokous. The Russian beauty was styled by Tiina Laakkonen. She was outfitted in pieces from the likes of Prabal Gurung, Dior, Hermes, Salvatore Ferragamo and more.
The Vogue China 'Neo Folk' Editorial Stars an Edgy Daria Strokous
1. Contemporary Country Fashion - Opportunity for fashion companies to explore the fusion of traditional and modern styles in their designs.
2. Neo Folk Style - Opportunity for designers to experiment with folk-inspired motifs and patterns in their clothing lines.
3. Edgy Rural Attire - Opportunity for fashion brands to create unique pieces by incorporating dramatic elements to traditionally calm and simple outfits.
1. Fashion - Fashion companies can leverage contemporary fashion trends and traditional styles to create unique clothing lines.
2. Photography - Photographers can experiment with rural landscapes and contemporary fashion styles to create visually stunning editorials and advertisements.
3. Modeling - Models can explore the fusion of traditional and modern styles in their posing, look and overall image.