Taking pictures on your camera phone doesn't always produce the highest-quality photos, and the Vodafone Pixel Hunt campaign reveals how important those pixels really are. By producing an online game where customers searched for an LG phone that was hidden under the pixels, Vodafone came up with a great way for customers to interact with its new product.
The new LG Optimus contains a 5-megapixel camera and can take pictures that leave other competing camera phones in the dust. The secret is all in the pixels, and the Vodafone Pixel Hunt highlighted just how important those little pixels really are. In the end, 100 phones were won after 300,000 visitors to the site clicked the entire 5 million pixels. These lucky winners now have the ability to take camera phone pics that are crystal clear.
The Vodafone Pixel Hunt Campaign Makes Finding Cellphones Fun
1. Increased Importance of Pixels in Camera Phones - Opportunities for companies to emphasize the pixel quality of camera phones in their promotions and marketing campaigns.
2. Interactive Online Gaming for Product Promotion - Disruptive innovation opportunities for businesses to engage customers through online games related to their products.
3. Incentivizing Customer Interactions for New Product Releases - Companies can create campaigns that encourage customers to interact with new products, fostering excitement and engagement.
1. Mobile Phone Manufacturers and Providers - Opportunities for mobile phone companies to highlight the pixel quality of their camera phones and differentiate themselves in the market.
2. Online Gaming and Entertainment - Disruptive innovation opportunities for businesses in the online gaming industry to collaborate with companies for product promotions through interactive games.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Companies specializing in marketing and advertising can provide innovative strategies to incentivize customer interactions and drive excitement for new product releases.