Vman magazine is never one to play by the rules. While other fashion publications are going with sunny playful covers for summer 2009, Vman opted for a gloomy cover photo shoot.
The new issue of Vman features actor Joseph Gordon-Levitt in a moody black and white photo shoot by David Sims.
Joseph was styled by Nicola Formichetti in pieces from the Prada F/W 09 collection. The shoot fits perfectly with the mood of the clothes, but it is certainly not something to cheer up your summer!
However, this issue of Vman offers a playful editorial by Bruce Weber to remind us that it’s summer time. Check out that editorial below with other Vman features.
VMAN Goes Gloomy for Summer 2009
1. Anti-summertorials - Fashion publications opting for moody themes instead of sunny covers for the summer present a disruptive innovation opportunity for unconventional and nonconformist brands.
2. Playful Editorials - As fashion publications offer gloomy themes for their issues, there is an opportunity for playful editorials that can bring a joyful balance to the moody narrative.
3. Contrast Fashion - The trend for contrast fashion includes unexpected matchings that capture the mood of opposition, and presents an opportunity for fashion brands to redefine traditional motifs.
1. Fashion - Fashion brands can find disruptive innovation opportunities by redefining traditional motifs and creating contrast fashion that subverts sunny summer themes for their collections.
2. Photography - Moody and playful themes for summer photoshoots offer disruptive innovation opportunities by juxtaposing contrasting aesthetics and creating a unique approach to summer editorial photography.
3. Media and Publishing - Unconventional and nonconformist themes for summer publications present an opportunity for media and publishing companies to capture new audiences and introduce fresh perspectives in fashion themes and narratives.