Following its grocery-themed runway show in Paris, Chanel stuns with a quirky and vivid ad campaign for the Spring 2014 season. The lookbook's aesthetic marries classic sophistication with the vibrancy of its pop culture influence. The advertorial pays homage to the fun and bold style of Flintstones character Pebbles and pairs layered and cropped tweeds with short shorts and over-sized pearl accessories.
This vivid ad campaign's stars are Lindsey Wixson and Sasha Luss who don exaggerated pearl jewels and headphones inspired by Pebbles and her chic mom Wilma. The models also sport up-do hairstyles that are reminiscent of the animated characters. Overall, the aesthetic of this campaign is color-enriched and is almost as fun as its collection's initial runway presentation.
Chanel's Vivid Ad Campaign Pays Homage to Flintstones Character Pebbles
1. Pop Culture Fashion - The use of pop culture references in fashion campaigns offers opportunities for brands to tap into nostalgia and appeal to a wider audience.
2. Mixing Classic and Contemporary - Combining classic sophistication with modern influences in fashion campaigns allows brands to create a unique and visually appealing aesthetic.
3. Playful and Quirky Ad Campaigns - Brands can attract attention by incorporating fun and bold elements into their ad campaigns, creating memorable experiences for consumers.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can utilize pop culture references and a mix of classic and contemporary styles in their ad campaigns to stand out in a competitive market.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Creatives in the marketing and advertising industry can explore playful and quirky approaches to help brands capture the attention of their target audience.
3. Media and Entertainment - Collaborations between fashion brands and media/entertainment industry can lead to innovative and visually captivating ad campaigns that resonate with consumers.