We've featured a range of one-for-one business (for every product purchased, the business give a product to someone in need), and Vitamma has launched its own twist with 3TO1, a model that gives to three people for every product sold.
"Vitamma.com is a proud retailer of premium multivitamins with a purpose - to eradicate micronutrient malnutrition among mothers and children," the site says.
Vitamma offers an assortment of multivitamins including speciality formulas for men, women, children and pregnant women. With purpose ingrained in their mission, the for-profit social business supplies three children facing malnutrition with two years' worth of vitamins for every product purchased, through a partnership with Vitamin Angels.
"In 2010 alone they were able to reach over 20 million children, a testament to their passion, determination and operating efficency," Vitamma says of Vitamin Angels. "While some orginizations suspiciously send only a portion of their proceeds to actionable programs, Vitamin Angels is able to deploy 95% of what they spend on reaching children in the field."
We have featured similar vitamin retailers that have partnered with Vitamin Angels, including Life Equals, which offers one-for-one multivitamins, and Build Nutrition, which offers a special formula of one-for-one prenatal vitamins.
Vitamma on Twitter
Vitamma on Facebook
A Bottle of Vitamma Gives 2 Years of Nutrition to 3 Kids
1. One-for-one Business Model - Vitamma's 3TO1 model gives three people in need vitamins for every product sold, offering a disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to incorporate purpose-driven initiatives into their marketing strategies.
2. For-profit Social Business - Vitamma's mission to eradicate malnutrition through the sale of premium multivitamins presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to combine social impact with profit-making ventures.
3. Partnerships with Social Organizations - Vitamma's collaboration with Vitamin Angels highlights the potential for businesses to form strategic partnerships with social organizations, creating opportunities for mutual benefit and increased impact.
1. Vitamin and Supplement Retail - Vitamma's innovative approach to selling multivitamins opens up disruptive opportunities within the vitamin and supplement retail industry by incorporating a purpose-driven model into their products and marketing.
2. Health and Wellness - Vitamma's focus on eradicating malnutrition and improving health presents disruptive innovation opportunities for businesses in the health and wellness industry to develop purpose-driven initiatives and products.
3. Philanthropic Organizations - Vitamma's partnership with Vitamin Angels demonstrates the potential for disruptive innovation within the philanthropic sector, by collaborating with for-profit businesses to scale their impact and achieve greater social goals.