The VisualRuler app helps users to measure the dimensions of an object by using the camera on a smartphone.
To measure something, the user scans a wallet-sized card, like a credit card, alongside the object they want to know the dimensions of and then they simply take a photo. The user then applies the measurement lines on the card and then one the object to be measured. It gives an estimate of the dimensions as compared to the card. The card and object need to be on flat surfaces for the estimated measurements to be as accurate as possible.
In its current stage of development, the VisualRuler app can only measure objects on a small scale. The app could be very useful when shopping for home decor items when the user wants to known unlisted dimensions before purchasing.
The VisualRuler App Helps Users Measure Anything with an Phone Camera
1. Augmented Reality Measurement - Opportunity to develop apps that utilize augmented reality technology to accurately measure physical dimensions using a smartphone camera.
2. Mobile Commerce - Potential for integrating dimension-measuring apps into e-commerce platforms to provide customers with accurate size information for online shopping.
3. DIY Home Improvement - Disruptive innovation opportunity in the home improvement industry by enabling users to easily measure objects for DIY projects using their smartphones.
1. Augmented Reality - Augmented reality technology companies can explore developing measurement apps that enhance user experiences and bridge the physical-digital divide.
2. E-commerce - E-commerce platforms can incorporate dimension-measuring apps to improve customer satisfaction and reduce returns by providing accurate size information.
3. Home Improvement - Home improvement retailers can leverage dimension-measuring apps to empower DIY enthusiasts with accurate measurements and increase sales of related products.