Take a look at the Visionary Concept Watch and see if you can figure out how it works. Without a bit of instruction, the timepieces are almost impossible to read, exhibiting a revolutionary way to consider and display the hour.
For Tokyoflash, designer José Manuel Otero pulled apart the units of time and some of the familiar visual indications of it. These markers were then reorganized into a rather disorderly digital face that features dashes and dots in lines and arcs all over the rectangular screen. As far as minutes are concerned, the wearer will have an easier time deducing the precise reading right around the hour, by counting the illuminated spots or only those that are not lit up.
The Visionary Concept Watch Offers an Optical Analog Deconstruction
1. Disruptive Watch Designs - Innovative watch designs that challenge traditional time-telling methods by deconstructing and rearranging visual indicators of time.
2. Optical Analog Deconstruction - A new way of displaying time using chaotic and non-traditional visuals that challenge the traditional face of watches.
3. Challenging Reading Comprehension Format - A format for displaying time that requires extra processing by the wearer and challenges their reading comprehension skills.
1. Fashion - Reinvent traditional watch design and appeal for fashion-forward individuals who embrace non-traditional design.
2. Technology - Incorporation of innovative optics and technology to develop revolutionary watch design that appeals to tech enthusiasts.
3. Education - Designing watches that challenge reading comprehension and problem-solving encourages the development of critical thinking skills in wearers.