No more need for loose change, transit tickets or tokens, not with the Visa PayWave program being put in place. First it converted our smartphones into easy-access credit cards, and now it will allow us to swipe our smartphones instead of the Metrocard to board subway trains in New Jersey and New York.
The Visa PayWave program is paving the way for complete dependence on our phones. Yet this may not be a bad thing. Instead, it'll make life so much easier.
The Visa PayWave Program Converts Smartphones into Metrocards
1. Mobile Payment Integration - The Visa PayWave program showcases the opportunity for integrating mobile payment technologies into public transportation systems.
2. Smartphone as Ticketing Device - The Visa PayWave program highlights the potential for smartphones to replace traditional ticketing methods in public transportation.
3. Seamless Transit Experience - The Visa PayWave program demonstrates the potential for creating a seamless and convenient transit experience through smartphone-based payment systems.
1. Mobile Payment Solutions - The Visa PayWave program presents a disruptive innovation opportunity for companies in the mobile payment solutions industry to partner with public transportation authorities and provide convenient payment options.
2. Public Transportation - The Visa PayWave program opens up the possibility for the public transportation industry to leverage smartphone technologies and streamline ticketing processes.
3. Smartphone Accessories - The Visa PayWave program creates opportunities for smartphone accessory manufacturers to develop innovative products that enable contactless payment functionalities.