The new Real World Golf game for PlayStation 2 lets you play a round of golf in the comfort of your own living room. With a foot-long plastic club attached to a motion capture unit, your swing will be mirrored by an on-screen player.
According to the BBC, "Real World Golf offers a completely novel gaming experience and for that it has to be applauded."
Players can choose between a range of amateur and professional clubs. Amateur clubs do not hit very far, but the ball will generally go straight. Professional clubs require more skill; you could make longer drives but the ball will be harder to control.
The game features five different courses and various modes of play, including tournaments, match play and even party games.
"All in all," says the BBC, "Real World Golf and the Gametrak offers a unique gaming experience bound to make some gamers take notice in these days of tired driving games and shoot-em ups."
1. Virtual Sports Gaming - As technology advances, there is an opportunity for creating innovative and immersive experiences in the realm of sports gaming for players of all skill levels.
2. Fitness Technology in Gaming - With motion capture technology, there is an opportunity to bridge the gap between gaming and physical fitness, creating a new type of at-home workout experience in the world of gaming.
3. Multiplayer Gaming Experiences - With different modes of play like tournaments and party games, there is an opportunity to create more engaging and interactive multiplayer experiences in the world of gaming.
1. Gaming - There is an opportunity to create more immersive and varied gaming experiences catering to a broader audience.
2. Sports - There is an opportunity to bridge the gap between sports and technology to create new and engaging experiences catered to individual skill levels.
3. Fitness - There is an opportunity to integrate technology and gaming to create new, at-home workout experiences that are innovative and interactive.