Ralph Lauren recently unveiled a preview of seasonal goods constructed from its vintage Polo materials in a new form of upcycling for the label. The pieces were showcased on the Polo app and are comprised of beanies, a messenger bag, a rugby shirt and a selection of jackets. All of the items are crafted by hand from previous Polo pieces mixed in with some overflow of military pieces.
The digital app also gives consumers a look into the construction process, where the items drawn in are in their respective original forms. The app showcases a cricket sweater and a jacket coming together in a design that is true to the label's perfect balance of preppy and militaristic. The entire limited-edition selection is set to drop on November 15th.
These Ralph Lauren Pieces Feature Vintage Polo Materials
1. Upcycling - The trend for upcycling is creating opportunities for brands to use existing materials to create new, unique products.
2. Handcrafted - The rise of handcrafted products shows that consumers are looking for more personalized and unique items in a market that often mass-produces products.
3. Sustainability - The sustainability trend is driving companies to use more eco-friendly materials and methods in their production processes.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can benefit from upcycling by creating exclusive limited-edition collections that appeal to environmentally conscious consumers.
2. Accessories - The accessories industry can tap into the handcrafted trend by offering handmade and unique products that stand out in a sea of mass-produced goods.
3. Military Surplus - The military surplus industry can find new business opportunities by collaborating with fashion brands and repurposing surplus materials for apparel and accessories.