For gamers who are also shooter fans, there's no bigger video game vehicle holy grail than the Warthog from Microsoft's insanely popular 'Halo' series.
Fortunately, Microsoft has seen fit to do just that; create a fully functional, road-ready replica of the iconic video game vehicle. When I say "fully functional," I assume that giant turret on the back isn't armed and loaded, but you know what I mean.
The replica is a beast, measuring 8 feet high by 8 feet wide and 17 feet long. The vehicle itself is built over top of the chassis of a Hummer H1 and rides along on massive 49 inch tires. Even the interior was accurately modeled based on game assets. Since the vehicle is being used as a marketing tool, it makes sense that it would be as gigantic and imposing as possible.
Microsoft Comissions Road Ready Replica of Warthog from 'Halo' Series
1. Video Game Vehicle Replicas - Opportunity for companies to create fully functional replicas of iconic video game vehicles as marketing tools.
2. Road-ready Technology - Potential for integrating video game-inspired vehicle designs with practical, road-ready features.
3. Gamer Fandom Merchandise - Growing market for high-quality replicas of video game vehicles for fans and collectors.
1. Gaming - Gaming companies can explore partnerships with automotive manufacturers to create video game-inspired vehicles.
2. Automotive - Automotive manufacturers can leverage gamer fandom by creating limited-edition video game-inspired vehicle replicas.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing agencies can offer services to design and build fully functional video game vehicle replicas for promotional purposes.