This chic editorial for Marie Claire magazine is filled with Victorian style fashion and lip rings. Photographer Serhat Hayri creates a rocker royalty vibe in this series by draping the model in silky attire and sterling chain-style jewelry. The model is also seen sporting a silver (or in some cases black) lip ring, adding some edge to this feminine lady-like editorial.
Some of the Victorian style outfits seen in this elegant editorial are more revealing than traditional Victorian apparel, giving this series a more modern and updated feel. The jewelry in this editorial is absolutely fantastic. In one shot, the model is rocking a black choker and a silver necklace. The pendant on the necklace appears to be a silver skeleton wearing a crown. This seems extremely fitting given the nature of this editorial.
This Editorial Features Victorian Style and Lip Rings
1. Modern Victorian Style - There is an opportunity for high fashion brands to incorporate modern design elements into Victorian style clothing and accessories.
2. Statement Lip Rings - There is an opportunity for jewelry designers to create unique and edgy lip rings that appeal to a broader audience.
3. Mixing High and Low Fashion - There is an opportunity for fashion brands to create collections that combine high-end, luxury items with affordable, trendy accessories to appeal to a wider range of consumers.
1. Fashion Design - Fashion designers can explore modernizing past eras, like Victorian style fashion, for their collections.
2. Jewelry Design - Jewelry designers can create unique and edgy lip rings that appeal to a broader range of consumers.
3. Retail - Retailers can incorporate a mix of high-end luxury items and affordable trendy accessories to appeal to a wider range of consumers.