The new Vetements 'Staff' t-shirt, while extraordinarily over-priced, is an ironic representation of the fashion industry.
Priced at $175, the garment consists of a simple, boxy, crew-neck t-shirt in either solid back or solid white. The brand's name is written across the back and the word 'Staff' is printed in gold over the left breast. It's simplicity is intended to be a representation of popular concert merchandise. Artists like Kanye West and Justin Bieber will release merchandise that becomes coveted streetwear once it hits the masses. Often people will shell out several-times the value of the garment to resellers to own coveted, sold-out pieces.
Vetements is a fashion collective that rejects the corporate aspect of the fashion industry. Once understood as a piece of art that delivers social commentary, the Vetements Staff t-shirt can be seen as humorous, appealing primarily to Millennial audiences.
The Newly Released Vetements 'Staff' T-Shirt Costs $175
1. Luxury T-shirts - The trend of luxury t-shirts is disrupting the fashion industry by challenging traditional pricing and redefining what is considered high-end fashion.
2. Ironic Fashion - The trend of ironic fashion is creating opportunities for brands to appeal to Millennial audiences with humorous and unconventional designs.
3. Resale Market - The trend of high demand for limited edition merchandise is creating a disruptive resale market where consumers are willing to pay a premium to own exclusive pieces.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore disruptive innovation opportunities by experimenting with luxury t-shirt designs and pricing strategies that challenge traditional notions of value.
2. Streetwear - The streetwear industry can tap into the trend of ironic fashion and create unique designs that appeal to Millennial consumers who seek unconventional and humorous clothing options.
3. Reselling - The resale industry can capitalize on the high demand for limited edition merchandise by offering platforms and services that facilitate buying and selling exclusive products at premium prices.