Spanish designer Veronica Martinez designed the ALFA bench for Spanish furniture company Porcelanosa. The shape of the bench is said to be inspired by the symbol for 'infinity' but its shape is also reminiscent of split or cotter pins.
The bench is made from solid surface Krion material. This material is extremely sleek and elegant-looking yet highly durable, making the bench a versatile offering that can be used both indoors and outdoors. The bench's shape and expansive surface mean that it can also be used as a coffee table.
Veronica Martinez designed the ALFA table with a pointed edge on its open end; this allows for three ALFA benches to be attached together to form a propeller-like shape. The benches were fabricated by 2eSes, and presented at a special exhibition showcasing Krion surfaces.
The Versatile ALFA Bench Was Designed by Veronica Martinez
1. Minimalist Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore minimalist design principles in other furniture pieces to create sleek and functional products.
2. Versatile Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop multi-purpose furniture that can serve multiple functions and adapt to different spaces.
3. Modular Configurations - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design furniture pieces that can be easily connected and reconfigured to create new and unique arrangements.
1. Furniture Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate innovative materials and shapes into furniture designs to stand out in the market.
2. Interior Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Embrace minimalist trends in interior design to create modern and visually appealing spaces.
3. Outdoor Furniture - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop durable and stylish outdoor furniture pieces that can withstand various weather conditions.