Addressing the relationship between man and nature, the Us Through This photo series embraces surreality in order show the melding of the two. Yet man more than melds, he almost disappears into the desert landscape in the background. This is achieved through the use of a photo of the actual landscape he poses in that has been propped up on a stand. The man stands just behind it to make it appear as though he is slowly disappearing.
Shot by photographer Richard T. Walker, the Us Through This photo series invites people to consider the repercussions of nature taking back its territory. Or, more accurately, the strength of the land that has been able to fend off any developments. Us Through This also encourages thoughts of harmony.
Us Through This by Richard T. Walker Juxtaposes Man & Nature
1. Surreal Landscape Photography - Exploring the fusion of man and nature, surreal landscape photography captures the disappearing boundaries between the two.
2. Nature Reasserting Territory - The rise of nature reclaiming its territory prompts an examination of humanity's impact and the potential for disruptive innovation in conservation efforts.
3. Harmony with the Environment - Embracing the concept of harmony, the quest for sustainable practices and eco-friendly solutions can drive disruptive innovation in various industries.
1. Photography - Advancements in surreal landscape photography techniques and equipment open up new creative possibilities for photographers and artists.
2. Conservation - The reclamation of land by nature highlights the need for innovative conservation methods and technologies to preserve ecosystems and biodiversity.
3. Sustainability - The call for harmony with the environment encourages disruptive innovation in industries such as renewable energy, waste management, and sustainable agriculture.