The Upcycling Pavilion is made up of a whopping 5,000 soda crates. Although it could have been created using any brand of pop, the designers from BNKR Arquitectura approached a bunch and it was Coca Cola that responded by sending cases to create the impressive Upcycling Pavilion.
Presented at Expo CIHAC, the biggest annual architecture and construction exhibition in Latin America, the Upcycling Pavilion was purposefully assembled to act as the exhibition’s cafeteria. They were piled on top of each other and tied to one another with small plastic cinch straps to create the spiralling and undulating walls.
Boasting low cost and zero waste, the Upcycling Pavilion was not just created to inspire eco-friendly creativity, but also to serve a practical purpose in the setting it was erected in.
The Upcycling Pavilion by BNKR Arquitectura Uses 5,000 Coca-Cola Cases
1. Upcycling Pavilions - There is an opportunity for companies to create more sustainable and eco-friendly pavilions made from upcycled materials like BNKR Arquitectura's Upcycling Pavilion made from 5,000 soda crates.
2. Brand Collaborations - There is an opportunity for brands to collaborate with architects and designers to create unique and attention-grabbing pavilions or installations, like Coca-Cola who collaborated with BNKR Arquitectura to create the Upcycling Pavilion.
3. Circular Economy Installations - There is an opportunity for companies to create zero waste installations that promote the circular economy, like the Upcycling Pavilion which was made with low cost and zero waste in mind.
1. Architecture and Design - Architecture and design firms can explore the use of upcycled materials and brand collaborations to create unique and sustainable pavilions like the Upcycling Pavilion by BNKR Arquitectura.
2. Beverage Industry - Beverage companies can focus on creating more sustainable packaging and materials, which could lead to opportunities for upcycling and collaborations with architects and designers to create unique installations and pavilions.
3. Event Industry - The event industry can focus on creating more sustainable and eco-friendly installations and pavilions that promote the circular economy and upcycling, like the Upcycling Pavilion which was created to serve as the cafeteria for Expo CIHAC.