UNO Play with Pride is a special version of the card game deck that celebrates diversity and supports the It Gets Better Project’s mission to uplift, empower and connect LGBTQ+ youth.
The first-ever Play with Pride deck was created to mark Pride Month and recognize the LGBTQ+ community in a fun way. As Eboni Munn, It Gets Better's director of brand marketing, content and creative describes, "UNO is a celebrated game with the ability to transcend age, culture, and language while bringing people together — something we aspire to do at the It Gets Better Project." Mattel will be donating $50,000 to the It Gets Better Project as a part of the partnership.
This new deck joins UNO's collection of themed and officially licensed packs, giving fans of all ages an uplifting new way to play that's more colorful than ever.
UNO Play with Pride Supports Diversity & the It Gets Better Project
1. Diversity-themed Games - Creating games with themes around celebrating diversity and inclusivity creates opportunities for brands to support and promote positive social values.
2. Charitable Partnership Products - Partnering with charitable organizations to create branded products creates opportunities for companies to give back while providing consumers with unique and philanthropic products.
3. Celebration of Marginalized Communities - Brands creating products that celebrate and uplift marginalized communities create opportunities for consumers to support and show solidarity with these communities, thus promoting positive social change.
1. Toy Manufacturing - Toy manufacturers can create diverse and inclusive products, promoting positive values and social change while also appealing to a larger customer base.
2. Charitable Giving - Organizations that partner with charities, such as the It Gets Better Project, can engage consumers by providing a tangible way to support social causes they care about.
3. Game Development - Game developers can explore the creation of diverse games and themes, creating inclusive and approachable experiences for all players.