France-based watchmaker Trilobe has unveiled its latest watch, the ‘Une Folle Journée,’ which can be translated to "A Crazy Day." The design features “floating” rings that rotate to read out the hour, minute, and seconds. Nine pillars at different heights create a tiered display that Trilobe calls ‘X-Centric.’ The design highlight is a domed sapphire crystal measuring 10.2mm in size, crafted using a Japanese “flame fusion” method that fuses powdered minerals.
Trilobe’s latest 40.5mm grade 5 titanium piece also features a unique design aspect that sees the dial left open for a skeleton effect, drawing attention to the micro-rotor and bridges. Available in black or blue, the ‘Une Folle Journée’ is available for approximately USD 22,600.
Image Credit: Trilobe
French Watchmaker Trilobe Releases the 'Une Folle Journée' Crystal Watch
1. Floating Rings Display - Watchmakers can explore innovative designs that utilize floating rings for displaying time.
2. X-centric Display - The use of X-Centric display, with pillars at varying heights, can lead to disruptive innovations in watchmaking.
3. Flame Fusion Crystal - The flame fusion method of creating sapphire crystals can lead to more durable and unique watch designs.
1. Luxury Watchmaking - Companies in the luxury watchmaking industry can adopt the use of floating rings display in their designs for a unique and innovative appeal.
2. Materials Science - The flame fusion method of creating sapphire crystals presents an opportunity for innovation in materials science for creating more durable and unique materials.
3. Product Design - The X-Centric display with pillars at varying heights presents an opportunity for innovative product design in various industries such as home decor and electronics.