The 'Understanding Social Enterprise' infographic is a great look at why social business is smart business decision on top of being a great moral investment. The definition of social business varies, but in this infographic it is defined as "for-profit organizations that aim to do well by doing good."
The sector of social enterprise is a full-steam ahead growing industry that has shown some remarkable results. As it currently stands, it is a $310 billion industry within the U.S alone, but stands to increase to $500 billion in the future. Worldwide, men are showing more social business stewardship, but this may be the result of areas where women are not able to play as active a role in areas of business. However, worldwide both genders are definitely working on expanding the area of social business according to the 'Understanding Social Enterprise' infographic.
The 'Understanding Social Enterprise' Shows a Growing Industry
1. Growing Social Enterprise Sector - The social enterprise sector is rapidly expanding and is projected to reach $500 billion in the future, creating opportunities for businesses to tap into this growing market.
2. Increasing Men's Involvement in Social Business - The 'Understanding Social Enterprise' infographic highlights the trend of men taking on more social business stewardship, indicating an opportunity for businesses to engage and collaborate with male entrepreneurs in this field.
3. Global Efforts to Expand Social Business - Both genders worldwide are actively contributing to the growth of social business, presenting a valuable opportunity for businesses to enter global markets and collaborate with diverse social enterprises.
1. Social Enterprise - The social enterprise industry, currently worth $310 billion in the U.S, is poised for further growth, offering disruptive innovation opportunities for businesses to align profit goals with social impact.
2. Gender Equity and Business - The 'Understanding Social Enterprise' infographic reveals the need to promote gender equity in social business, creating opportunities for industries focused on empowering women and addressing gender inequalities in entrepreneurship.
3. International Business Collaboration - The global efforts to expand social business present an opportunity for industries focused on international business collaboration and cross-cultural partnerships to leverage the growth of the social enterprise sector.