In a world trying to becoming more environmentally conscious, there is still an unawareness of some of the quintessential knowledge, that is why the Understanding Carbon Offset Chart is so important. The infographic was created by the website GOOD, who is a global association of individuals, businesses, and nonprofits powering what works, with support from the company FedEx. The mantra of GOOD is that it is a site “for people who give a damn,” and by seeking to spread knowledge through informative graphics, they are helping that number of people expand.
The notion of carbon offsets started do to the the astronomical amount of human activity since the Industrial Revolution in the 1700s that has thrown of the delicate balance of the carbon cycle. This infograph explains in layman’s term the carbon cycle, what a carbon offset is and why it is important. All very crucial knowledge in helping us become better citizens of the world.
The Understanding Carbon Offset Chart Encourages Awareness
1. Carbon-offset Education - The Understanding Carbon Offset Chart demonstrates a trend towards educating individuals and businesses about carbon offsets and their impact on the environment.
2. Environmental Consciousness - The creation of the Understanding Carbon Offset Chart points to a trend of increased environmental consciousness across industries and society as a whole.
3. Informative Infographics - The Understanding Carbon Offset Chart exemplifies a trend of using informative and easy-to-digest infographics to spread knowledge and awareness about important issues like sustainability.
1. Sustainability Consulting - Sustainability consulting firms have an opportunity to help businesses understand how they can implement carbon-offset strategies into their operations.
2. Graphic Design - The trend towards informative infographics creates an opportunity for designers to use their skills to distill complex concepts into easy-to-understand visuals.
3. Environmental Education - The trend towards increased environmental consciousness creates an opportunity for organizations and educators to develop and promote educational materials and programs about sustainability and carbon offsets.