Red Barrel, the video game developer behind the popular horror video game 'Outlast,' has released a new product called 'Underscares' for gamers who want to check out the upcoming sequel but aren't sure if they have the intestinal fortitude. Underscares are technologically advanced adult diapers that help gamers who get so scared by jumps in the game that they lose control of themselves (so to speak.)
While Underscares are clearly a bit of promotional marketing to drum up interest in the upcoming 'Outlast 2,' the adult diapers are nonetheless a real product that Red Barrel is funding through a Kickstarter campaign. Whether or not any 'Outlast' gamers have actually had an accident while playing the game is difficult to say, but it's not impossible. As Red Barrel notes, "when you're scared, #2 can become problem #1."
Red Barrels' 'Underscares' Help Out Users Play the 'Outlast' Horror Game
1. Experience-based Marketing - The success of Underscares could spark other companies to offer unique, interactive experiences as marketing tools.
2. Gaming Accessories - Underscares signify the potential growth of gaming accessories as a market niche.
3. Emergence of Novelty Adult Diapers - The introduction of Underscares could usher in other adult diaper products for non-health purposes.
1. Video Game Development - Game developers can leverage unique, interactive and immersive gaming equipment such as Underscares to increase sales and profitability.
2. Adult Diapers - Underscares hint at the opening of a new, adult diaper market segment: novelty, niche, and concept-driven adult diapers.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing executives can focus on developing experience-oriented campaigns using Underscares-like novel and interactive products to create user engagement and brand loyalty.