This XO Mint commercial features a surprisingly heart-warming ballad for ugly couples this Valentine's Day.
Several socially awkward dudes sing along to an uplifting folky tune, reminding all those less-than-gorgeous folks watching that there is someone out there for them. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, after all. The chorus goes, "She's got a heart that's bigger than her hair/She might never be a model, but who cares?/She's one cloud and some wings from being an angel/And who knows, we might make —something beautiful." In a stroke of pure genius, campaign's hashtag is also #SomethingBeautiful.
Overall, XO Mint departs from the usual Valentine's Day fanfare with this charming advertisement made specially for couples that don't fit societal expectations of beauty.
XO Mint Gives Hope to Ugly Couples this Valentine's Day
1. Ugly-couple Empowerment - Brands can showcase unconventional beauty and celebrate diversity to empower under-represented couples.
2. Non-traditional Love Songs - Innovation opportunities exist for creating quirky, relatable love songs that appeal to diverse preferences and lifestyles.
3. Hashtag Marketing - Marketers can capitalize on the power of hashtags to reinforce brand messaging and facilitate user-generated content.
1. Beauty and Personal Care - Companies can challenge conventional beauty standards and offer inclusive products and services that cater to a broader range of customers.
2. Entertainment - Developing unconventional entertainment content such as ugly-couple empowerment songs can attract unique audiences and generate buzz.
3. Social Media Marketing - The rise of hashtag marketing presents an opportunity for businesses to drive engagement, reach new audiences, and amplify brand messages.