The newspaper industry is taking advantage of 'Twilight' anticipation to sell more papers. Many newspapers across the country today are including a free promo poster for the movie.
The gratis posters are in fact, advertisements for the vampire flick 'Twilight' opening this weekend. The L.A. Times, USA Weekend and even the Peninsula Daily News from Washington all are urging fans of Bella and Edward to purchase the paper to get a free poster. It has been reported that USA Weekend has even altered their logo on the cover for the November 16th issue.
'Twilight' the movie opens Friday November 21, 2008.
Free 'Twilight' Poster Promos
1. Movie Tie-in Promotions - Newspapers are using popular movies to sell more papers by including free promo items in each issue.
2. Altered Logos - Newspapers are altering their logos to attract collectors and brand enthusiasts.
3. Viral Marketing - Free posters are being used to create buzz about upcoming movies and generate excitement among fans.
1. Newspapers - Newspapers have the opportunity to partner with upcoming movies to increase circulation and create a new revenue stream.
2. Movie Studios - Movie studios can benefit from this type of promotion to create buzz about an upcoming release and engage with fans.
3. Advertising and Marketing - This type of promotional marketing can be used by various industries to attract new customers and generate excitement about a new product or service.