Shaking your domestic or office fire extinguisher every once in a while is not high on the To Do list. For most, it rarely makes the cut. The Turn Over Extinguisher is such an intelligent and practical concept because it actually reminds you to agitate it on a regular basis.
There are no blinking lights or audio announcements in this interactive device by Woo Seul A, Jin Junho and Lyu Byung Chul, for the apparatus's means of notification is much more subtle and perceptive. The form of the flame douser takes the appearance of an hourglass, and a rotating bracket allows it to be pivoted 360 degrees from the middle.
Like by the instruction of a sand timer, passers-by will know to swivel the Turn Over Extinguisher upside down when the fire retardant powder inside the transparent chamber begins to fully settle at the bottom.
The Turn Over Extinguisher is Less Likely to Expire
1. Smart Fire Extinguishers - Developing fire extinguishers with intelligent features that remind users to agitate them regularly.
2. Interactive Fire Safety Devices - Creating fire safety devices that use creative forms or mechanisms to engage users in regular maintenance.
3. Subtle Notification Systems - Designing devices with subtle means of notification to avoid relying on blinking lights or annoying audio announcements.
1. Fire Safety Equipment - Opportunity for companies in the fire safety equipment industry to create innovative and user-friendly fire extinguishers.
2. Smart Home Technology - Potential for smart home technology companies to integrate fire safety devices with other smart devices in a home automation system.
3. Product Design - Disruptive innovation opportunities for product designers to develop aesthetically pleasing and functional fire safety devices.